Sunday, March 7, 2010

Put Something Here Project













I went for a more relational art standpoint, keeping in mind the Critical Vehicles reading from this past week. My Put Something Here Project is a two-part project...The first step is collecting the "things" that my facebook friends put on my event wall. These things are the personality fingerprints that reveal something that is strange, uncomfortable, awkward, painful or hilarious in some way. After a week of posts, I will analyze these stories, photos, videos, sounds etc. and plan out my mixed media project, so in a sense I am the critical vehicle that brings everyone to a universal and shared experience.

My friend from home asked me if I was inspired by Jonathan Harris, and having never heard of him, I looked at his website. His artist statement is very ambitious and his body of work is INCREDIBLE. Look around and prepare to be WOW'ED.

And also, go to "Briana's Facebook Wall Art" and post on the wall!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment